cardboard radiator air deflectors

Anybody have a good solution for pushing air through the radiator and A/C
condenser.. after discarding the cardboard pieces that came from the
factory?

I took these pieces out when I pulled my A/C since they seemed kinda
pointless, especially since the condenser was gone and there was a gaping
hole in its place anyway. The condenser was no longer blocking the radiator
so it got plenty of airflow.

Now that I put my A/C back in, however, I noticed that in 110 degree weather
my car runs cooler at highway speeds with the A/C on (presumably because the
radiator fan is sucking air at its higher speed) and I think this is the
result of air going around the sides past the headlights instead of through
the condenser and radiator.

Making a pattern and cutting out pieces of high temperature plastic would be
ideal.. I'm kind of afraid to use ordinary cardboard for fear that it might
catch fire. But I was wondering if anyone has come up with a clever solution
for this..

-Toby