How to rebuild a 1.8? or rather what to re-build?

Thank you for your positive and insightful perspective into my query.

EL T

Jeff Toomasson <area53@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  > Ok so what is my laundry list of stuff to buy and where can I get it
> cheaper? Oh and for those of you that say just buy an 2.0 all I can say
> is I don't have the mula, but donations of parts and money can always be
> sent to me :)

Do you intend to buy used gaskets, rings, bearings, etc...?? Obviously not -
that's nonsense. It costs roughly the same to rebuild a 2.0 or a 1.8 if you're
using new parts.

If you can't find a decent used running ABA block for $200 or less, you're not
trying heard enough. Throw in another $100-150 or so in gaskets, slap your 8v
head on it and be done with it.

IMHO, it is a complete waste of time to mess w/ 1.8's these days with ABA's so
prevalent.

HTH, JT

Looking for earth-friendly autos?