When good turbos go bad...

On 7/15/07, Brendan Doyle <lord_verminaard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> DOH!  I've always said the VNT is too small for the TDI, no doubt it's too
> small for the 1.9 IDI as well.  Well, only one of two things to do- bump up
> to a VNT-17 or even a VNT-20.  :D

Oh there was never a doubt that the VNT15 was too small for my engine
in its current state of tune.   I was fully prepared for the
possibility of grenading one, however I was surprised that it took
this long for it to happen.  Until a VNT17 lands on my lap cheap, I'll
be "downgrading" to a GT18, which will still be an upgrade over the
K03 I was choking before.

> It didn't wreck anything else, did it?

Haven't got that far yet...

Drew

--
84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD mit ?berVerteilerpumpe
http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd