OT: Looking for a new(er) ride

<snip Lexan>
The car is fast, but if I can keep that under control, I may have a
gas-saving machine.
<end snip>

<\LURK>
Aye, there's the rub.  Forced air is more addictive than (insert whatever
bad habit you can't kick here).  If you think you're going to be able to
keep off boost, your kidding yourself.  The kicker is that the more you dip
into the throttle and rev it, the faster the fuel disappears.  I have a
supercharged car that is rated at 29 mpg (IIRC).  I've never seen that.  I
stopped calculating actual mileage after spending a day at the track and
getting something in the mid/low teens.  Point is, if you like the car go
for it.  But if you think you're going to get the posted mileage after
you've been bitten by the boost bug, you'll be disappointed.  But not to
worry, disappointment is quickly cured by a little more throttle tip in!

-Brad
'86 Scirocco 16v

P.S.
Not that you asked, but I'd put in another vote for the Scooby Forrester
(more space, still fun) or Mazda 3 (fun, reasonable space).  Until VW can
embrace what I loved about them (e.g. simplicity, reliability, inspired
design, and knowledgeable service), I'm not wasting my time on a VW lot.
<LURK>

Find out how you can get spam free email.
http://www.bluebottle.com/tag/3