OT: Looking for a new(er) ride

I should add that my friend went to all the major (non-kia) import
dealers and asked for the basic-est basic model since he was trying to
keep to a budget.  Many dealers tried to swindle him into a swankier
model and he was opposed.  Toyota and Honda refused to let him even
believe that somewhere a car existed with just the minimum stuff which
he found odd.  Give me the the shiznit.  No, buy this extra, you'll love
it since there is no choice and two grand is no biggie.  Well, two grand
was a big deal since he has a new baby.  So Mazda was the only one who
would humor him.

> No love for the Rabbit or new GTI???  I will probably still humor myself

Humor away but keep in mind that that happy powerplant eats gasocules.
If you don't care then for sure get the VW but a 15 mile commute means a
gallon a day for the Mazda, more for the Rabbit.  Don't get me wrong, I
wish everybody drove one but the baby budget counts.