OT: Looking for a new(er) ride

So what are your needs here? Sporty? Economical? I suspect we'll add a City
Jetta to our fleet before long, they may be a generation out of fashion,
but they are still new vehicles with a warrantee. This would be to replace
my daughter's Focus, no love there. So if you're just looking for basic
transportation, that may do it for you. (Or how about a slightly used Focus
with a proven appetite for Cavaliers?) I'd also love that orange GTI in my
driveway, but I can't afford one at the moment.
Cathy