From: Gordy Stedman <ydrogs@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Mark Langford <markl@xxxxxxxxxx>; Scirocco-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, July 7, 2007 3:39:51 PM
Subject: Re: urethane suspension bushings?

One on the local Portland import shops has the complete kit for $60.  I will
purchase this for anyone that wants one you just have to pay for the
shipping.  Here is a photo of the kit:
http://picasaweb.google.com/ydrogs/SCIROCCOPARTS/photo#5084540012936822098
The sticker says "part number 22-2008 - Total kit rab/golf/jetta 75-84".
The salesman on the phone said he has one so I do not know if there is more
than that in their inventory.  Mark has first dibs then whoever.

On 7/6/07, Mark Langford <markl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> RoccoHeads,
>
> The search engine appears to be down, and after searching through the last
> two years of Scirocco emails, I've found very little reference to suspension
> bushings of any kind.  I have a little thumping going on down there when
> doing tight radius turns so I plan to replace all the suspension bushings at
> the same time I'm doing struts.  My question is who sells urethane bushings
> for the Scirocco?  Can I get a full set or just in onesies?  If they are
> unavailable, can I get a set from somewhere other than the stealership?  Any
> opinions on pluses or minuses of urethane on the Scirocco?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
> 1987 2.0L 16V Scirocco
> see homebuilt airplane N56ML at http://www.N56ML.com