tank to pump fuel leak

And here's a handy tip. Do  not reuse the old hose if you ever do a fuel
pump, because it will separate into two layers, and when you try to slide
it on, it just will not go. Also not advised? Doing this with a full tank
of gas, with nobody else around to grab the dog who has broken her chain
and is trying to kill the cat while you are bathing in gas under there with
nothing to stop the flow except your thumb... Yeah, it was memorable. So in
short, gas will leak out, yes...
Cathy