Big Motor, Tall Gears was: 3A Was: Frankenstein Monster Motor is running!

--- Brendan Doyle <lord_verminaard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, not real sure as I do not think I ever really
> got an accurate test.
<snip>
> I got about 32 MPG
> on the way back.  That's with a 4k tranny, stock
> gears going about 70 MPH.  ;)
>
> Brendan

My thinking is to install a big motor (3A sounds good
becasue of the ease of install, the look of a stock
motor to the casual eye, and the 'keep it in the
family' aspect).

Next step after the 3A would be some kind of
(hopefully quiet-ish) TDI power plant.

Oh and to the good Dr. Franken-Roc, Congrast.

TBerk
ever see a latemodel GM's RPMs go to idle while
cruising on the freeway?

that gives answers, not web links.