Old Ipod thread

You can get the dual cables.  So that it charges while you are connected to
USB.  If you upgrade to a 4th gen or newer you can charge off of the USB
cable.  I don't even think they come with power supplies anymore.

I will say this... if you read the FAQ about it you load the database off of
the hard drive instead of memory.  That equates to a substantial loss in
battery power.

Theres a way around it but I am still working on that.  It literally took
about a minute to install and you still have the original Ipod firmware in
place you simply restart it to take it back to normal.