G60 Scirocco Progress

On 1/31/07, Cory Langford <Cory_Langford@bcit.ca> wrote:

>  Looking good.
>
> I still have the air filter sitting in the same position with out the cold
> air draw. I have been meaning to put a vent into the inner fender well there
> to pull cool are in rather than sucking in the hot air from the engine comp.
> as it is now.
>
> Did you do anything to compensate for the about of water that gets thrown
> around in the wheel arches? It is pretty wet up here and that was my only
> concern is keeping the spray from the tires out of the intake area.'

I will have to look into the best way to track the air in around the bumper
support and the fender well.  I installed it there since that was the
easiest place to mount it.  I was thinking of piping air in from the vent
duct on the air dam.    I was planning on making a piece to block off the
air from the engine bay.

 Also notices you blocked off the return to the charger. Are you still using
> the butterfly valve for boost release? If you are you might want to pipe it
> down under the car somewhere with a baffle. I tried that and it makes a very
> interesting whining/whistling sound constantly as you always have boost
> release under normal driving conditions. Make heads turn beside you though
> :)

I do not know the best route to go.  BBM does not recomend using a BOV with
a supercharger but other have done it.  BBM says that the return line should
be used and there is no performance difference by not sending the
warm unused air back into the supercharger like others on the horetex have
explained.  I mostly disconnected the supercharger return line so I could
use the standard radiator instead of the Corrado one.  BBM says that the G
lader gets lubercated by the oil blow off from the head so I am going to tap
into the block off plate and send the blow off oil into it instead of into a
can or filter via rubber hose.  Interested in what your baffle consists of,
sounds like the way to go since I do not want all the extra noise.

Anyone have any 2.25" or 2.5" intercooler ducting for sale?  Stuff is way
expensive new.

--
Gordy
MK1 x 4