starter bearing question

OK, after a long chat with the car (like, I can always part you out and get
my money back, and you could be a nice decoration in the yard), the bolts
holding the starter on finally came loose!  Getting ready to install the new
one, but one quick question...  Bentley says to inspect starter bearing and
replace if worn or damaged, which mine looks fine and is clean.  The new
starter says to definitely replace the bearing and came with a new one.  Do
I really need to replace it?  Looks like a pain that I don't want to deal
with.

Thanks!!!
Lexan

Live.com page.