Brake conversion

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 20:08:37 -0600, <sukchew@suddenlink.net> wrote:

>Okay all of you brake gurus,
>  I have started the brake conversion on Rose.I am using 16v front calipers and rear from a ?I found a set of rear calipers in my storage box.They came off of the 79 GT. Scirocco The "Quinlan" car that is buried in my back yard.Did any of the A I's come with rear disc brakes?
>How would I identify 16v rear calipers?They were being used with what I think is the stock 79 mastercylinder.It is equipped with a separate brake line to each wheel.Do I need to convert to a single line to the rear with a proportioning valve?What is the correct procedure to adjust the rear brake pressure?gauges or the sphincter method?The inquiring mind wants to know.

What I have is the whole system from an 87 16V Scirocco donor. The
rear calipers are Girling and this is the booster/master with the prop
valves on the m/c.  http://pws.prserv.net/gforbess/scirocco/brake.jpg

You also need e-brake cables from a 16V and the rear flex brake lines.
If you have the whole setup, there is no adjustment needed.

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9