Addendum:Compressor bypass

Ahhhhh. Putting lotion on my tired and bruised hands. Well, doing the job right helped. It runs as smooth as a kitten, the alt charges correctly and the belt is aligned perfectly!

Q) What causes the belt to oscillate? It has a throw of about 1/4". The new belt moves from the crank to the water pump, then up to the Alt, then back down to the crank. It oscillates at the Alt/Crank section.
-----Original Message-----
From: julie@menloparkrandd.com [mailto:julie@menloparkrandd.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 02:28 PM
To: julie@menloparkrandd.com, 'Daun Yeagley', julie@menloparkrandd.com, 'Chuck Blue',
'Org, Scirocco'
Subject: Addendum:Compressor bypass

Remember the short cut you took, and it took a lot longer than you thought?

Whelp, last nights short cut cost towing and $20.00 in parts. The alt that needed to be spaced correctly, spun out the woodruff key. Can't just buy one, gotta but 5 of different sizes at 3.95 a pack. So its a 3.95 woodruff key. Sheesh.
2 trips in a taxi for 12.00 and waiting 45 minutes at the parts place did NOT help my mood.
The belt needed changing as the alt moved BACK to its original spot.

Now I wait till the battery charges to even see if the work, worked. What a day.