mistake in gears on scirocco.org site?

On 1/21/07, raveracer77 <raveracer77@yahoo.ca> wrote:

>     In talking with Ron a few months back he informed me that the
> information for the AOP on most of my site references is wrong leading me to
> believe they all use the same source.  He told me that the Gear ratios may
> be right but the AOP had 90 mm hubs on them and not 100 mm like some of the
> other TD trannies I was looking for even the the gear ratios appeared to be
> the same.  My understanding is that the AOP was used in the 89 / 90 Jetta
> 1.9 NA Diesel, and the ACH was in an earlier Golf Turbo Diesel, but I've
> had to interpret the many different pieces of information I'm finding and
> many of them conflicting.  Now I'm looking for ATH ratios because they seem
> to be most consistent and have my 100mm hubs and the .75 fifth gear.  I'll
> let you know if my source for multiple cores comes through.  I'll post to
> the list before selling them to the local vendor.

According to ETKA the ACH was used in 85 MY 1.6L diesel Golfs and both
diesel and turbo diesel Jettas.  It used 90mm CV flanges.

The AOP was used in 89 MY 1.6L normally aspirated diesel Golfs and Jettas,
and also used 90mm CV flanges (as did all 1.6 NA diesel applications.)  The
4S was used in TD Jettas.

The difference between the AOP and the 4S was 4th gear - 1.03 in the AOP for
the 52hp NA diesel, and .91 in the 4S for the 70hp turbo diesel.

Note there were no turbo-diesel A2 platform Golfs in the North American
market, only NA diesels.

Transmission code overview under V-pages in Etka can be a helpful source of
application information.

Drew

--
84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD mit ?berVerteilerpumpe
http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd