mistake in gears on scirocco.org site?

OK -

First, the Gears page on scirocco.org was not done by me - but towards the bottom of the page,
there is a link to my spreadsheet.

Both my spreadsheet and the chart on the Gears page show an ACH with a 0.89 5th gear.  I have
found that my spreadsheet is wrong.  ETKA somewhere else might show an ACH with a different ratio,
and I recall that that's happened before.  I don't know of any tie-in between my sheet and the
chart on the gears page...odd that they'd have the same error...I will change my sheet.

In ETKA, visit an 85 US built Golf, MG3, SG11, Illustration 311.0.  Z=38/51, or 0.745.

Fast Fruit shows it with a 0.75.  So do other sites including Roger Brown's chart on his Diesel
Caddy site (http://www.4crawler.com/Diesel/VW_020_transmission.shtml). According to Jonathan, so
does the Bentley but I haven't checked it.

Believe that it's a 0.75.  It makes more sense than a 0.89 when looking at the other ratios, too.

Ron

--- shisler <shislerocco@gmail.com> wrote:

> i have a for sale thread up for an ACH gear box and someone told me that i
> have the fifth gear wrong for it. i took it from the scirocco.org site. he
> said he got the ratio from the bently and it is .745. can anyone verify this
> or want to change it?

Cheap talk?
http://voice.yahoo.com