OT: Whacked weather

On 2:33 pm 01/15/07 "Brian Haygood"<haygood@myway.com> wrote:

> I just spent three days trying to get home from Skiing in Salt Lake
> City, UT.  First our plane was stuck in Aspen, then the next day Dallas
> flights were cancelled.  Finally got to Houston Saturday evening -
> without luggage, of course. Spent the night with relatives in Houston
> and drove to Tyler today.  My van is still accruing parking charges in
> Dallas, but we'll hopefully get it in a day or two.
>

> At least the skiing was good.  My 4 year-old skis like a mad man.
> Pretty cool.
>

> Brian

Yeah, I finally have power, it went out around 8am. It's still not all that
cold, but we're ice encrusted and getting everything warmed up before it
goes out again (we have only wood or electric, but no fan on the wood
furnace when the hydro goes out). That's peanuts compared with what many
areas have had this year. Additional snow would make a mess here though,
the trees are bent about as far as they'll go.
Cathy