Shifter Lever Question (Rabbit vs. Scirocco)

On 1/15/07, Brian Spinney <vw_85roccoZ400@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I know you can cut & re-tap but I don't want to hack the lever.  So my
> question is can you replace a Scirocco lever for a straight lever out of a
> Rabbit?

It will bolt up but your hand may bang into the centre console in the upper
range of the lever.  You can bend the rabbit lever a little to help avoid
this.

Does anyone know where to buy a new rabbit lever?

Don't know where you'd get a new one, but it's not an item that wears, and
used ones should be dime a dozen.

Drew

--
84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD mit ?berVerteilerpumpe
http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd