ot: Bib question ('05 GTI)

  The central locking on those cars is pneumatic, driven by a small air
pump. The pump sends air either in our out through a network of plastic
tubes.
  The pump is located in the trunk, at the bottom of the wheel well, on
the gas filler side.
  It is encased on a heavy rubber block, and body resonances make it
difficult to locate where the sound comes from.
  I lifted a complete system from a donor 85 MKII, and plan (someday) to
install it in my 85.

    Jean-Claude
    84 8v