FS: Blizzaks

On 1/10/07, Michael Bueti <michaelbuetiwon@gmail.com> wrote:
> I used to have a set on my A4 back in 2003. G R E A T tires! you'll
> dig them for sure.
>
> On 1/10/07, marc_scirocco@sympatico.ca <marc_scirocco@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> > I heard they are very good in the snow.
> >
> > Good deal!
> >
> > Cheers.
> >
> > Marc

Actually, if you do some research Blizzaks suck...  They were decent
when they were first introduced, but they're not as advanced as some
of the newer studless snow tire designs out there.  After doing a
bunch of research (including wading through European tire tests using
Babblefish) I bought a set of Nokian Hakkapeliitta RSi's.  I swear by
them - they handle very well for a winter tire, are quiet, and have
very good ice traction (and although not a "deep snow" tire, they
haven't let me down yet).  Another well reviewed tire is the Michelin
X-ice.  I'd pass on the Blizzaks...

Just my $.02

Later,

Mark.