OT: Apple

I saw this today and I don't really care about the phone.  I'm not a
huge fan of these devices because to me they are all just too bloody
expensive.  I wouldn't mind having one cause I'm a total dork, but I'm
not about to pay for it and for the access charges.

What I'm disappointed about is Apple TV.  Apple is shooting themselves
in the foot by not offering a better media center computer.  Microsoft
and the PC makers have caught the hint.  Anyone who has ever used
Apple's FrontRow software, though, can tell you how oblivious they are
to this extremely valuable market.

I currently have an iMac hooked up to an HD projector in my office.
Yea, it's sick.  Klipsch speakers - still shopping for a better
surround controller.  We borrow and rip DVDs to the hard drive and
watch them from the FrontRow software.  It's a lot better than losing
and scratching discs - much less buying them, but the interface is
crap, the feature set is crap, the ability to use it as a DVR is
nonexistant.  When I saw the new box labeled "Apple TV" and a slick
looking little device I was ready to buy - then I actually read about
it and realized it's absolutely worthless.

Anyways, that's my impression on MacWorld 2007.  Apple is well poised
to deal a major blow to the PC using world, but they're just not quite
making it happen and that makes me sad.

Grant