la fin du monde

"

In February 1994, after 18 months of research, Unibroue launched La *Fin* *
du* *Monde* (the end of the world). It is a 9 percent alcohol, triple
fermentation beer. This type of beer was originally developed by the monks
of the Middle Ages to be served on special occasions. La *Fin* *du*
*Monde*is a deluxe beer made by triple fermentation and a unique way
of straining
the yeast. This method produces an unexpectedly subtle flavour. With its
champagne-like effervescence, it has a vigourous presence in the mouth,
which accentuates its strong personality. Slightly tart, with the balanced
flavours of wild spices, malt and hops, it belongs to the class of great
Trappist beers and, in this regard, is a North American first. At meals, it
can replace white or red wines and enhances the flavour of most dishes. This
beer is brewed to honour of the great explorers, who believed they had
reached the end of the world when they discovered America."

its made by Unibroue in canada...Quebec