From: nocones77-vw@yahoo.com [mailto:nocones77-vw@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 11:15 PM
To: Dan Bubb; Jim R; Scirocco-L
Subject: Re: Urgent Subaru help needed

Dan's right. Unless you can actually see that the camber is wrong on that
wheel, it probably isn't camber.

If it is in fact a problem with the toe, that's usually pretty easy to fix.
The inside pivot point of the rear lower control arm where it attaches to
the subframe is an eccentric bolt. You can usually get at least +/- 1/4" of
toe in the rear. Might just be off, or slipped, or something like that.

If you have mis-matched tires due to either brand or wear, I'd recommend
replacing all four. The viscous center differential is sensitive to
surprisingly small differences in tire diameter. It can overheat and kill
itself.

Neal
Vehicle history since '97: '88 Scirocco, '87 Scirocco, '99 2.5RS, '77
Scirocco, '04 STI, '00 2.5RS... :-)