Lookie what I found on Wasserworks.... (My take)

Nate you've just won a Cincy award for the longest post, longer than Cathy.

  This transaction is between Dave and Julie and it WILL be resolved, if it's not, others WILL make it resolved. So Al, don't worry about it.

  Nate don't get to full of yourself, Dave keeps inviting us down to "land-of Dave" all the time so you're nothing special!
Nate Mellom <doubt@inwave.com> wrote:
  First and foremost, I have NOTHING to do with the said transactions, or
the current situation. That being said:

I saw Julies post on Wasserworks regarding selling her car, and decided
to post it to the list for posting sake, just to bring it to the
attention of any interested parties. I didn't intend to bring any sort
of animosity, backlash or any other type of negative reaction towards
Julie. Julie, if I have caused an sort of hard feelings towards you, I
do apologize, it certainly wasn't my intent.

When Allyn posted to the list the problems between "certain unnamed
parties" originally, I followed the thread closely. I knew who he was
referring to, as I'm sure many of us did, but he kept in on the down
low, not naming names, and I think that was a good move. Julie was the
first to call herself out publicly, to let us know what was going on,
how she felt, and what she was doing about the situation, and I commend
her for it. That was a bold decision on her part, but she felt she was
in the wrong, and decided to come clean to the list. The thread died
shortly thereafter, with some sort of private deal between her and Dave
(and that deal should have been and should still be private, in my
opinion). I posted her For Sale page a few days ago, because I thought
someone on the list may be interested. I didn't know the extent of what
had been paid, how much is/was owed, or if the matter had been settled
quietly off list. Allyn brought more details to light recently, and it
seems the situation is still unresolved, and tensions between involved
parties seem to be rather high. I'm one of the most unopinionated
people you're ever likely to meet, I'm very easy going, not much bothers
me, but this is beginning to irk me a bit. This list has been a cyber
"garage away from home" for me for the past 7 years. I've grown to
admire and respect many people in this community, I've had a chance to
meet a bunch of GREAT people, I've taken a ton of useful information
from many knowledgeable people, and hopefully I've contributed and
helped some of you out. I plan to continue to own Sciroccos, I plan to
stay subscribed to the list for as long as it holds out, and I plan to
attend all the Cincys I can. Arrangements like the one Julie and Dave
have have the power to keep this list on track, to create and nurture
personal relationships (person to person, instead of just words on a
screen), or it can destroy them. Not being involved, aside from afar
and with secondhand information, it seems Julie is doing what she can to
uphold her end of the deal, even going as far as posting TO THE LIST
that she's sending Dave a money order in payment. I've spent a lot of
time with Dave, rooming with him and Allyn during the last 2 Cincys,
hanging out with him, going for drives, sitting at Dairy Queen for hours
chatting, bullshitting, talking about family and friends, and he's one
of the nicest people I've ever met. He never stops inviting me to his
place, to meet his family, to have a South Carolina Cincy just to piss
off his neighbors. He has a garage full of Audi drive train I'll
collect from him someday. He's always got something nice to say about
almost everyone (again, except his neighbors), and he has a bunch of
REALLY cool cars (eat your heart out, Tonee). I've met Julie a few
times at Cincy, chatted with her a bit, she's always smiling, talking,
socializing, but only when she's not under the hood of her car (or just
plain UNDER it). She's been a major contributor to the list, doing
detailed web pages of restoration photos, welding tips and techniques,
she has her daughter very involved, and she's more of a "car guy" then
I'll ever be. I'm sure we've all learned a few things from both of
them. That being said, posting the car for sale privately, without
informing the list, seems a little underhanded, especially since the
list was informed about the goings-on when they transpired. If Julie
needs to sell the car to settle with Dave, or if she's just sick of the
car and the problems it's caused, she could (and should have, I think)
let the list know. That way we'd be able to see that some sort of
resolution is being worked out, and if she caused any hard feelings
towards any listers (Allyn in particular), she might have eased some
tensions. Whatever happens from here on out is really between Julie and
Dave, but I hope that the dispute gets settled, debts are erased, and I
REALLY hope Dave, Julie and Allyn can and will remain friends and
colleagues, and that when everyone attends Cincy this year, there won't
be any problems. Life's too short to be pissed off, hold grudges, and
make enemies.

Maybe I shoulda added "long" to my subject line.
:)

Nate