Need some help

On 5:42 pm 01/01/07 "Lance LaPrarie" <sciroccojunky@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not sure what the arcing was. I thought it was the ISV clicking
> really fast so on Friday night I took it off and cleaned it out really
> good with some carb cleaner. Waited until Saturday morning to make sure
> it was nice and dry and put it back on. Didn&#39;t do squat, seemed to
> still click. Had my buddy come by with a volt meter and checked out a
> few things. We unplugged the ISV and there still was some fast
> clicking. Thought it was one of the grounds from my plug wires. Got the
> Nology wires and the clicking seemed to be at number three cylinder.
> Unplugged the cold start valve and the clicking stopped. The motor
> almost wanted to start after that. So, with that we plugged the ISV
> back in and left the cold start unplugged. Gave it a little on the
> throttle-body and started up, Really lumpy idle but started and
> smoothed out after a few minutes. Let it run for about 10 minutes and
> ran great.

Funny, I had a tough time getting mine started today, it'd been sitting for
like a month. I forgot that I put my cold start on a manual bypass, duh.
Started unhappily, but still started, sounds like the opposite of yours eh?
Tach not working could be one of the small wires on the coil, (BL/R I
think?) It may have shaken loose from the vibration. That should be the
same on Motronic I'd bet, but check the Bentley to be sure, I suck at
remembering wire colours, I always have to check.
Cathy