Crossflow head on JH (or similar) block

--- C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:

> But, the TDI
> > is technically another variant of the 8v design so what the hell.  :)
>
> Exactly. But don't be eyeing up my TDI bug, I already have enough
> vultures
> circling it/ have been told that if I wreck it that I should face the
> ass
> end into the collision....

That's too bad!  What sucks is that nobody wants to give these things away
for less than 1500 or so.  That's just a little high for me, especially
when I'll be cracking it open and replacing a lot of stuff internally
anyway.  I want to swap a Cummins 4BT into the Jeep as well, and those
things go for $1000 all day.  Oh well!  That's after the VW is done.  (or
closer to done than it is now)

> > Really it doesnt make much sense to put money in an engine that I
> > will be swapping out in a year or less anyhow but I was gathering up
> > my ideas.  Thanks again!
>
> Sure it makes sense. You'll need a Scirocco to drive while you do the
> TDI
> conversion, right? It'll give you an excuse to buy another chassis! :)
> Cathy

You are going to get me in trouble, arent you!  :D  Out of the question,
right now.  I have absolutely no space for another project right now.
Although, there is an 83 Rabbit GTI shell that was sitting outside the
autotech facilities at a vocational school I was working at for a while.
Just for kicks thought about going over and asking them if I could pick it
up.  It goes to the scrap yard at the end of the school year anyway.  I
have yet to see them work on it as well.  Hmm........  Dangerous thoughts
a brewin'.  :D

Brendan
84 Scirocco 8v
01 Jeep TJ 4.0