Crossflow head on JH (or similar) block

But, the TDI
> is technically another variant of the 8v design so what the hell.  :)

Exactly. But don't be eyeing up my TDI bug, I already have enough vultures
circling it/ have been told that if I wreck it that I should face the ass
end into the collision....

> Really it doesnt make much sense to put money in an engine that I
> will be swapping out in a year or less anyhow but I was gathering up
> my ideas.  Thanks again!

Sure it makes sense. You'll need a Scirocco to drive while you do the TDI
conversion, right? It'll give you an excuse to buy another chassis! :)
Cathy