thinking of getting this

On 2/27/07, levi perkins <subawrxsti@yahoo.com> wrote:

> what all would i have to change to put an 16v in my rocco? could i use the
> exaust that i have and the tranny?

Need to use 16V exhaust manifold and down pipe since the exhaust studs are
angled differently than the 8V.  Can use your tranny and drive lines.  Have
to use a scirocco 16V upper intake manifold and TB to use A1 air/fuel
setup.  Can use existing CIS fuel system but need to find a place for your
auxiliary air regulator and a place for the fuel warm up regulator and do
something about finding a way to advance and retard timing since 16V
ignition uses knock sensor not vacuum.  Can switch over to CIS-E but need to
source an engine wire harness, computer, knock box, knock sensor, 3 wire O2
sensor, 16V frequency valve, coolant temp sensor, air/fuel box, fuel lines,
etc.  Best way to do it is to get a hold of a wercked 16V scirocco and swap
everything over.  But those are hard to come by and spendy and if you strip
a good 16V scirocco there will be some angry people on this list :)  This
list is awesome for info and parts.   If you have the time then go for it
but it is not something done for the first time on a weekend.  My buddy's
cabriolet can now keep up with me after it's 16V swap.
--
Gordy
MK1 x 4