SInce it's slow, my traditional cruising tune thread

On 2/20/07, C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:
> Anyway, fire away, list about five of your favorites.....told ya I'd stir
> things up...

Well, I have pretty eclectic tastes, but when I'm cruising in my '84 I
like to listen to music of the same vintage.  So my list would be:

Red Barchetta (Rush)
"Wind in my hair
Shifting and drifting
Mechanical music
Adrenalin surge!"

Freeways (Men Without Hats)
 American Radio in your homes and bars
 It's music to my ears in a foreign car
 Pop radio stars [ABBA, Roxy, T-Rex]
 My seatbelt's fastened tight, I feel secure
 Both hands upon the wheel, My life's insured
 If you're feeling low, driving's the cure
 ...including this Cincyesque refrain...
 Ich trete durch                      - I put the pedal down
 Gegen Sueden                         - southbound
 Letzte Zollstelle vor der Ausfahrt   - last toll station before the exit
 Es ist sechs Uhr                     - It is six o'clock

Crazy Train (Ozzy Osbourne)
Mental wounds not healing
Lifes a bitter shame
Im going off the rails on a crazy train

Born to be wild (Steppenwolf)
Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way
Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space

And because my son wouldn't let me leave it off the list:
Mr Giugiaro (sic) (Styx)
Thank you very much, Mr. Giugiaro
For doing the jobs that nobody wants to
And thank you very much, Mr. Giugiaro
For helping me escape just when I needed to
Thank you-thank you, thank you
I want to thank you, please, thank you

And how about that, I even passed the CanCon rules... (obligatory CRTC
reference for the Canucks in the audience.)

Drew

--
84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD mit ?berVerteilerpumpe
http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd