SInce it's slow, my traditional cruising tune thread

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 19:44:55 -0500, "C Boyko"
<roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:

>OKay, I've assembled a long list of car related tunes and general road
>music over the past years, and always ask for list suggestions in case I've
>missed anything. You guys always come up with some cool stuff. So here
>goes, since I need to get some tunes lined up for...wait for
>it....CINCY!!!!!!!!!!!!WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!
>Anyway, fire away, list about five of your favorites.....told ya I'd stir
>things up...

Oh well, showing my age:

	*Radar Love, Golden Earring

"Been drivin' all night, my hands wet on the wheel.."

In 1974, I drove my new Mazda RX3 from LA to South Bend, Indiana and
back (pulling my m/c on a trailer) with one stop (Denver) in each
direction.  Must have played Radar Love a hundred times.. to stay
awake.  The best single track driving song ever.

	*Highway Star, Deep Purple

"Nobody gonna take my car
I'm gonna race it to the ground
Nobody gonna beat my car
It's gonna break the speed of sound

Oh it's a killing machine
It's got everything
Like a driving power
Big fat tyres and everything
I love it and I need it, I bleed it
Yeah it's a wild hurricane
Alright hold tight, I'm a highway star"

	*Hot Rod Lincoln, Commander Cody

"My pappy said son, you're gonna drive me to drinkin'
If you don't quit drivin' that hot rod Lincoln."

I saw the Commander and his Lost Planet Airmen perform one night at
the Palomino Club in North Hollywood.. he was flying real low.

	*Crawling from the Wreckage, Graham Parker

"Got out really early from the factory
Driving like a nut in the rain
Don?t think I was acting so hysterically
But I didn?t see a thing until it came
Man the drunks were verbal in the takeaway
Beating up the chinese at the counter

I put a few inside me
At the end of the day
I took out my revenge