HHGttG - was Re: WTF is Saskatoon?

On a Pale Horse is the only one that is worth a shit imho.  Funny
considering that he (the author) is an athiest.

Blade Runner 2: The Edge of Human
by KW Jeter - 1996

Blade Runner 3: Replicant Night
by KW Jeter - 1997

I don't want to go WAAAAAAY off topic BUT... it should be well noted
for those that don't know that these books are a continuation of the
Blade Runner story.

Opening up old wounds here but there is a DEEP rift in the sci-fi
community over the novella that Phillip K. Dick wrote (Do Androids
dream of Electric Sheep?) the theatrical release of Blade Runner and
the later infamous Director's Cut of Blade Runner.

Much like Heinlein's Starship Troopers the movie(s) really had very
little to do with the original story.

That being said the basic difference between the theatrical release
and the Director's cut is that the DC is lacking the voice-over
narration of Harrison Ford as well as there is nearly 15 minutes of
additional footage which included the likewise infamous "Unicorn dream
sequence"  This scene with a few other additions and subtractions lend
the viewer to believe that Deckard (Harrison Ford) was himself a
replicant.  This is where the primary battle lines are drawn.  I have
heard way too much arguement from both sides and will happily point
people in directions to read more.  It is hard to speculate why Gaff
(Edward James Olmos) left the origami unicorn outside Deckard's door
if he didn't know that Deckard was a replicant...

ANYWAY the point of this semi-pointless narrative is that the books
mentioned above, take that premise and run with it.  Is Deckard a
replicant?  What does it mean to be human?  Also the author uses ALOT
of Phillip K Dick's original themes about animals, and they are
present in the story, so it is more like a sequal of both Blade Runner
and D.A.D.O.E.S.

On a side note I MUCH prefer the original theatrical release of BR.
Even if it does include a shot from The Shining... Additionally.  The
author does a decent job of continuing the story and I love the
subject matter but he doesn't do a good job of writing.  It's a great
idea but he gets there rough.  It seems clumsy and ackward.  Much like
my own work.  ;)

Chris