Brake booster

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 22:12:43 -0800, "Gordy Stedman" <ydrogs@gmail.com>
wrote:

>So you need to swap in a MK2 brake rod to use the 16V 22mm master cylinder
>in a MK1 with an MK1 booster?  Do I have to use a MK2 booster vs a MK1
>booster?  Just wanted to be clear since I will also be finishing my 16V disk
>swap soon.  TIA.

I was not aware of the mating issue between the 16v m/c and non-16v
booster since I swapped in the whole setup, so that is news to me.  I
had just had to deal with the issue of the original pedal cluster not
mating with the new booster pushrod.

I'm also not sure it's a Mk1 vs. Mk2 thing.  I always thought it was a
16v vs. non-16v issue, but that could be incorrect.  In the past, I
had often read that you need the later pedals, booster, and m/c to
make it all work.  I got by without the pedal cluster by fabricating a
small pushrod extension, which was not that difficult.

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9