No-Start-Saga Update

First, let me say that I appreciate all the support from all you guys!  I
really don't know much about cars (there could be mice making it run for all
I know), and this is the most fun and frustrating challenge I have had in a
long time.  Kinda makes me want to go back to college and take some auto
shop classes.

Anyway, after I emailed on what to do with the starter motor that won't stop
I called Dan Snow to vent my vehicle frustrations.  He told me to slow down
before returning the new starter as bad, as I don't want to get a "name" at
the local parts store.  Then I started thinking about the car's known
history.  Previous owner got it running for 1 block and it cut off and would
not re-start.  Dan suggested I check the wiring from the ignition switch and
the switch itself.  This is all making sense now!  I believe the previous
owner burnt the starter motor when he got the car running because he didn't
realize the starter never shut off.  Also, a misbehaving wire in this area
may explain my mysterious battery drain.

So, when it warms up a bit in the evenings here (I am complaining about 30's
at night and hi 40s low 50s in the day for you yankees), I am getting under
the dash with my little multimeter and seeing if I have a bad ignition
switch or wires that need to be tamed.

I can't wait to prove the local yokels at the auto parts store that a girl
can fix a car.  They keep asking me when I am going to give up, how much
money I want to spend (including purchasing the car for $425, I and still
under $600 so far, and it's all my fun money so no one is going hungry), and
that I just need "a good man/boyfriend" to fix that car for me.

I will keep all posted!
Lexan

>From predictions to trailers, check out the MSN Entertainment Guide to the
Academy Awards®