Fixing a VR6 coilpack

this is a super common problem on the VR6's and here is a link that shows
how to fix it. When testing the coil pack for arching and you take your
spray bottle and lightly mist it in the dark, it's always a little
cool/unnerving to see the blue sparks dancing around the top of the coil
pack. I fixed mine on my Jetta years ago and had no problems.

http://www.gti-vr6.net/library/engine/fixing_cracked_coiled_pack.html

I'm not sure about the applicability to any of the other coil packs.

Kenneth Weidmann
916-332-8504, 916-747-9827 (cel)
2004 Cayenne Turbo
2003 540it Sport
1992 Mazda "Radio Flyer" B-2600
1985 VW Show-rocco
1957 356 a, 2nd owner, original family #100119

Spaces