16v master cylinder/ brake conversion

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 15:52:49 -0600, <sukchew@suddenlink.net> wrote:

>  The continuing saga of ole blues disc brake conversion goes like this.I installed the rear brake calipers,rotors and the front calipers and rotors,emergency brake cables.I was cleaning up the 16v master cylinder only to find that it was from a 74 something.So I am currently stuck.Do I need to change the vacuum assist along with the master cylinder or can I use my existing master cylinder?

Mine was a complete swap with m/c, prop valves and booster.  Some say
that you can retain the original parts, but the pedal feel will
suffer.

I don't know if this will affect you, but (if you go to the 16v
booster) on my 75 car the pedal cluster needs to be changed to a later
type or (what I did) the actuator shaft of the new booster needs to be
extended about 1-1/2" to mate with the old brake pedal configuration.
Then there is the brake light switch that needed to be rigged since
the 16v m/c has no pressure switch port.  I swear, it's all worth it.
You'll know the first time you hit the binders!

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9