16v master cylinder/ brake conversion

  The continuing saga of ole blues disc brake conversion goes like this.I installed the rear brake calipers,rotors and the front calipers and rotors,emergency brake cables.I was cleaning up the 16v master cylinder only to find that it was from a 74 something.So I am currently stuck.Do I need to change the vacuum assist along with the master cylinder or can I use my existing master cylinder? if any one has a 16v cylinder and /or vacuun assist I'm a buyer.
  I need advice and parts.
ole blue