From: levi perkins [mailto:subawrxsti@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 4, 2007 09:43 PM
To: julie@menloparkrandd.com
Subject: Re: differential took a poop

it shifts though all the gears it just will not move the clutch still feels like it is there theres just no power to the wheels i think it is the diff that broke i still havnt pulled anything apart  waiting to see how much it will cost for a diff

julie@menloparkrandd.com wrote:     As Daun said, if theres no hole then it might be a CV, OR a clutch that went bad. If its slipping, its just a clutch. Under $200 with all the new bushings, cluch disk and pressure plate. An easy fix.
  The transaxle is dependant on 8 or 16v. 4 k (8v) is the short ratio, and the FF is the long. Each has different rpm rates between needing to shift. A 2Y is a good one for the 16v.
  Now.... What is going on with the car that makes you think you killed a transaxle?