differential took a poop

i'm thinking cv joint or bad clutch.  try to put it in gear and see if it
moves.  if it doesn't jack it up and look under the car to see if the cups
are moving.  if they aren't moving  then try to change gears while on the
gas.  if you can change gas and no grind then the diff is gone.  if it
grinds then i'm thinking clutch.  Is gear oil leaking out the tranny?