TDI engine, anybody got one?

On 4:17 pm 02/01/07 Brendan Doyle <lord_verminaard@yahoo.com> wrote:
> So I'm in the market to buy an engine now.  But I cant find one!  :P
> Anybody have one or know of someone who does?  I'd like an ALH code
> engine, and it would be nice if I could score a manual trans with it.
> I've checked all the usual places, vortex, TDI club, VWdiesel.net,
> vwdieselparts.com, etc.... and have a few leads but nothing solid
> yet. Also, gotta be under $2500.  Not unreasonable, I hope.  Yikes, 4
> months to Cincy!!!!!
>
> Brendan
> 84 Scirocco 8v
> 01 Jeep TJ 4.0

We have two of them kicking around here, but, umm, they're kind of spoken
for. I have a few vultures circling my daily already. GL with the hunt,
what you need to do is "cultivate" one, you know, like my kid did?
Encourage a friend to buy one, then educate said friend in correct care and
feeding (turbo cool down/oil changes/etc), and wait till they roll it,
preferably right after a timing belt change. He paid $2500cdn for the car,
that was the insurance company's asking price, as a point of reference. :)

And it's 3 months 27 days. Really YIKES!!!!
Cathy