Like the damned Pheonix

Oh Salty's just in need of someone to bug him, he missed Cincy this year so
I couldn't pester him properly up close and personal. And I suppose I
should get in the habit of cruising the Vintage forums. But the list has
been so quiet, and the Scirocco preCincy thread on the Vortex was so much
fun....it was good to see it revived.
Cathy

On another topic altogether, are brake rebuilders on crack? I just got a
caliper for the winterbeater, went to put them on (after procrastinating
all summer) and the guide pins take a 5.5mm Allen. I dont know about you,
but my Allen bucket set doesn't have a 5.5mm. (and the stockers didn't come
off with a 5.5mm, that I know for sure) And I just know I'd stick a 5 in
there a few years from now and strip the hell out of them. So I used the
old guide pins. And of course the little end caps from my stock caliper
won't fit, so salt and water and crap will be in eating them apart anyway.
Some days it might be better to drop it off and not know what's not quite
right under there, you know?
Cathy