From: Sean Whalen [mailto:hareless@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 11:18 PM
To: silvius14@xxxxxxxxxxx; scirocco-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Fuel Accumulator

The one they show is for a Fox.  They're pretty cool, it goes between the
pump and the filter in a hanging cage gizmo.  Gordy has read or heard
somewhere that guys have taken them out of the loop entirely.  Might have
been here or on Vortex.  I have often wanted to ditch mine, but what to do
with the different fittings I don't know.  I know the Bentley says it's used
for anti-surge purposes.   The early cars had an actual anti-surge valve or
something('75-'79).

Other than pulling the screw from the back of the accumulator to see if it
leaks I don't know.

Good luck,

On 8/21/07, silvius14@xxxxxxxxxxx <silvius14@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My Fuel Accumulator is rusty and almost looks like it sweats with
> fuel.  All the parts places I've found online seem to show one with two
> threaded connections on one side.  Mine has a slip on fitting on either
> sides.
>
> Can I still buy my type??
>
> Karl

Sean