[OT] DamageTo My Kawasaki ZX10 AKA Picked Up A New Tire Today! (A Little Long, and Ranting)

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3394587 Cross-posting, but not
cross-dressing, (I still haven't slept)

I ended up with the Michelin Pilot Power 2 CT 190/55/17 Rear Tire, and I
already like it better, than the Dunlop Qualifier.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/photos/OG/g23163.jpg

I ran into several issues at Powersports East, Bear DE, getting my new tire
mounted.

The outer wheel seal with 3 lips, on the chain side, there was 3 sections of
the outer lip, that were torn up.
I was told by the service guy, that it's not important, because the wheel
bearings are sealed. I told him it's important to me, and I'll replace it,
because I'm really anal about my bike. I said that it was obviously caused
at the assembly, and not when I slipped the wheel bushing out, since the
outer lip faces out, and the bushing almost fell out. I went to the parts
department to buy the seal, and the salesman asked the parts manager about a
warranty claim, and he said that Kawasaki wouldn't re-imburse them for the
seal, because seals are wear items, even at 2338 miles and it being my 1st
time I had it apart.
So I buy the seal, pick-up my wheel/tire, and according to Kawasaki the
dealership was wrong, because they cover all manufacturing defects.

When I got home I mount the wheel/tire combo, and I noticed 3 or 4 - 5"
scrapes on the outer lip of the rear wheel, the chain side.
I head right back and parked my almost spotless bike right in front of the
service entrance with both HID's on
The service guy came out saying, that he can't understand how they could've
damaged the wheel. I responded, that the guy that pulled off the chain ring,
would have noticed the damage and marked it on the paperwork. (The same
clown that said that the tears in the seals wouldn't make any difference.)
He agreed and explained that no metal touches the rim, he then brought out
their plastic tools, one white delrin piece, and 2 small black plastic
pieces, that pull the tire off. Well, it turns out that there was metal
inbedded in one of them from a previous unpainted wheel, and this is how my
wheel got scraped up.

The question is, should I accept the Color-Rite touch-up paint, or demand a
new tire? I'm not real keen on having them dismount the tire by breaking the
bead, and remounting it, and I'm really pissed that they don't brush up the
black plastic pieces everytime they mount a tire, with a brass brust, so
that this would never happen.

Btw, last week when I price checked the tire, it was $210, and today they
wanted $219.99, but after explaining that to the parts manager, he took care
of it.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3384355

Should I ask for a new wheel to replace the one that they admitely damaged,
or accept their offer of the touch-up paint, that they offered?

What do you guys think? I appreciate your opinions!

Thanks!

Peter