Karl's adventure: Episode 2

Nate wrote:
> Got a call from Karl around 6:45 Central (about 8
> hours into his 14 hour trip).  Most was well, he was
> in Grand Island, NE, averaging ~80mph through Iowa
> and Nebraska.  6 hours to home, the only foibles he
> encountered were the wipers and blower fan failing
> (more on that later). Averaging 33-34 mpg, he called
> me from his 2nd fuel stop (3rd tank).
> He's on schedule to get home around 1:00am Central.

I'm jealous of the road trip, but at the same time driving 'cross Nebraska
is not exactly my favorite! ;-) I know the I-80 to I-76 to I-25 route all
too well. If it were daytime driving I'd try for some more rural roads, but
at night who cares! All scenery is the same in the dark.

It's been just over a year now since I've done a >500 mi road trip and I'm
yearning for one! Two or three ideas in the planning stages right now...

Good luck Karl!

-Marc

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
'83 VW Scirocco California Edition