Karl's adventure: Episode 1

A month or so ago, I sold my '81 to Karl Krupke.  He flew out Thursday
to drive the car home.  He lives in Fort Collins, Colorado, I'm in
Beloit, WI (appx. 1000 mile, 14 hour trip).

Wednesday before his arrival, I spent some time with the car, installing
a replacement fuse block, tidying up, misc. stuff.  Friday, we changed
the oil, replaced the intake boot (major rip at the lower clamp was
causing a hard start issue), topped off major fluids, waterproofed the
cowl above the fuse block, washed it, took it for a 30 mile test drive,
got him loaded up with a mess of spare parts, had some steaks and beers.

He left my house this morning at 10:30.  Very straight shot, all
interstate, and the car is running very well.

I expect a phone call from him at his halfway point, and an email from
him when he gets home.

He'll have a rather warm journey (predicted highs from there to here are
mid-90s), but I expect he'll make it just fine.

Send him all your Scirocco zen to get him home safe and sound!

Nate