Bridge Collapse

--- Spewey <spewey@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Chris Bennett wrote:
> > Do we have any listers in the twin cities?
>
> Yes, two.  Me and Neal.  Parker lives 100s of miles
> away.
>
> > If so, have we heard from them?
>
> No, I didn't think you guys cared.

Well nonetheless, goodatcha bud.

(I was a few hundred yards east of the earthquake
induced collapse of the freeway back in 1998, out here
on the West Coast.)

I had to hoof it by foot to my appointment from where
I got a ride back into my neighborhood to find my
whole apartment building out on the street watching
(via a portable TV) the news of the Bay Bridge
collapse (just a single section came loose it turns
out.)

Seeing as how I may have been on the bridge (but that
day took the train (BART) they all thought I was out
in the Bay taking a swim, when here I come up the
street to a Hero's welcome. (What did _I_ do?)

Bottom line, people are more interested in your
continued respiration than you might think, keep doing
it.

TBerk
having one of my black cloud days, but that's another
story....

http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC