My Alpine White '88 16V - ENID, OKLAHOMA

Oops.  I guess I was too excited about my new purchase to include the good stuff.  Here's the story...I had a coolant hose break (the upside down U shaped one just below the distributor).  The car wasn't indicating hot, but the little red blinking light came on for about 5 minutes, so assume what you will.  I'm fairly certain the duration of the leak wasn't sufficient to cause any overtemp damage to the engine.  In the process of replacing the hose however, I smacked the distributor, breaking the Hall sender clean off and nearly required stitches in my hand.  While pulling the old distributor, I decided to test the plug wires (I had suspicions) and discovered one of the new Eurosport plug wires had considerably more resistance than the rest.  I then decided to replace all the hoses while i was at it, and might as well replace the water pump since it seemed to be the source of some noise and, before I removed all the hoses, I got fed up with the whole damn thing so I decided to buy one of those highly reliable British sports cars (yes, I'm probably very sick).  The car was great up to about a year and a half ago.  Since then it has left me sitting on the side of a major highway at night in the middle of nowhere Texas (alternator seized) and then the passenger side rear caliper dumped all the brake fluid in a Braum's parking lot with my two young boys in tow (nearly smacked into a large truck in the parking lot), and then this hose decides to let go just as I pull into the security check point at work on a very cold March morning.  Yes, all of my co-workers got to see me on the side of the road and I've been the butt of many car jokes.  The most recent being given an award which allows the winner to park in the Commanding Officer's parking spot for 2 weeks.  Everyone got a good chuckle at that one being carless and all.  Oh and there probably isn't much left of the clutch.  I just don't have the time or the will power to keep this thing on the road.  I have no idea how many miles are on it due to a failed odometer from 1995 to 2002.  I would guess somewhere around 150,000 if not more.  A replacement instrument cluster was pulled out of a dead 86.5 16V and installed to this car by my father who drove the car while I was deployed to South America.  This car is the proverbial project car that never was.  I would love to continue to work on it and shape it into the car of my dreams, but there's this war on and all and after nearly ejecting from my aircraft the other day, I would rather my spend time with the family while I can and not in the garage swearing at a car.

Once again, make an offer if you're interested.  The Lotus will be garaged and the local Home Owners Association will fine me if the Scirocco is left outside, so it's got to go soon.

Craig Steiner
LT         USN