spanner wrench for strut spring nut

David,

Yes, it's for the strut caps.

I live in Foster City, CA, 94404. (San Francisco Bay Area)

The one thing I don't like about the wrench is that it tends to cam out of
the nut slots when you really torque on it.  I can't remember if I was
able to get full torque on the cap or not, but nothing has come apart yet.
 If you can figure out a way to hold it down against the nut while
turning, that would be ideal.  (Un)Fortunately you only use it "once", I
consider it a disposable wrench.  The "parts4vws" wrench looks much more
robust for multiple uses.

Let me know.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner

David Brown
> That's the one for the Bilstein strut caps right?
> I could use that also, I didn't get one with my struts.
> Hmmmm
> Yea I might take you up on the borrowing. Where are you located?
> thanks
>
> Here's the other one BTW?
> http://www.parts4vws.com/catalog/product_detail.asp?PartNumber=T%2E87300
> This is the little booger I'm supposed to torque to 80fps
>
> Thanks
> David

>>> David