Just a thank you eh? And my weekend

On 4/22/07, C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:
> Yeah, my green MkI will now start and stay running. This is on the latest
> Frankenbuild and MSnS, so I really need to thank Drew and Dan B for that,
> they've been a huge help with it. There are some fantastic people on this
> list, I tell you!

Woohoo!  Congrats Cathy, you've worked long and hard on that goal, and
it's great to see that you've finally made it.  I know I have told you
this (at least once before) but your progress on this project has been
amazing, and your determination unfaltering (well, OK, maybe it did
falter once or twice... :) )  I would not doubt your ability to take
on anything at this point - you deserve a big virtual pat on the back
(and a whole bunch of beers!)

> I'm still not able to actually drive the car (waiting on a part), so I know

Yeah yeah, I know... I know... ;)

> I have some seriously lumpy road ahead of me, but I'm delighted with the

(Lumpy? sounds like a cam upgrade is planned?)

> progress so far. It was weird to dump the Bosch knock box and ICM on my
> desk and go for a drive, weirder still to enter a fuel value on Dell here
> and hear the idle change. I'm sure I'll get very used to that! Anyway, I'm
> comitted now (or need to be), so we'll see how frustrated I get with it
> all. I'll be staying close enough to home that the ARGO can tow me home for
> a while.

How humiliating... Here's hoping it never comes to that.

> So yesterday I had a failed attempt at starting the MkI, he ran for a short
> while, but wouldn't stay running, today was spent driving the 16V, talking
> to Dan B on the phone for a long time for tech support, which was very
> successful, then I got sidetracked into washing and waxing the 16V, then
> hand glazing and waxing the Bug, and installing her weighty summer rims.

Sigh, there's that cosmetic stuff getting in the road of real work again.

> Anyway, a VERY good weekend here. Hope yours was good too. I'm pretty
> excited to get this green car on the road now!!!!

You're not the only one!  Now if I could get the complimentary colour
rolling, we'd be laughing.

Drew

--
84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD mit ?berVerteilerpumpe
http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd