Just a thank you eh? And my weekend

Yeah, my green MkI will now start and stay running. This is on the latest
Frankenbuild and MSnS, so I really need to thank Drew and Dan B for that,
they've been a huge help with it. There are some fantastic people on this
list, I tell you!
I'm still not able to actually drive the car (waiting on a part), so I know
I have some seriously lumpy road ahead of me, but I'm delighted with the
progress so far. It was weird to dump the Bosch knock box and ICM on my
desk and go for a drive, weirder still to enter a fuel value on Dell here
and hear the idle change. I'm sure I'll get very used to that! Anyway, I'm
comitted now (or need to be), so we'll see how frustrated I get with it
all. I'll be staying close enough to home that the ARGO can tow me home for
a while.
So yesterday I had a failed attempt at starting the MkI, he ran for a short
while, but wouldn't stay running, today was spent driving the 16V, talking
to Dan B on the phone for a long time for tech support, which was very
successful, then I got sidetracked into washing and waxing the 16V, then
hand glazing and waxing the Bug, and installing her weighty summer rims.
I'm pretty tired. My son was doing a tranny on his daily, then we got the
call that the dog was swimming in the neighbour's pond, so there was an
outing in the ARGO to get her. Next was the dead S10, the kid's friend made
it just past our driveway and it died, so that got towed back here too, and
is staying the night. I hope it doesn't have cooties. Right now the kid is
in the shower with the Snap On hand cleaner. He looked like he'd been
rolling around inside a CV boot. You know you're a redneck when...

Anyway, a VERY good weekend here. Hope yours was good too. I'm pretty
excited to get this green car on the road now!!!!
cathy