Strut protection?

> IMO, the reason why KONIs go is through hard abuse, not so
> much dirt.  Drive it easier and see what happens.
>
> David

Uhm... I've had these Konis since 1994.  Like my leather seats, they have been carried forward to each and every daily driver I've
owned since.  Wow.  Having said that, perhaps they don't really need protection after all...

What prompted the question was that I believe the failure was caused by a CV boot failure, which slung moly all over the wheel
house, allowing all kinds of road grime to stick everywhere around the strut housing / spring / strut.  I literally scooped a pile
of what looked like asphalt off of the strut housing cap.

Wait a sec - you want me to apply "Drive it easier" to the Rieger?  Are you crazy?  That car is not capable of entering a corner
slowly, or braking slowly, or doing anything slowly for that matter...

:P
Al